Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's all about the Zach!

Well there haven't been a lot of pictures up lately so here are some great ones.  The other day we had a pool party and that's where most of the pictures come from.  Don't be afraid to scroll down to the end.  There are some great videos!





HE KEPT TRYING TO GRAB AT THE GRASS
 Once we left the pool, Zach missed the water so he started crawling on the "river" in our house.


 I found this monkey in one of three garbage bags full of my childhood stuffed animals (And I wonder why I didn't have more friends in high school...)  Zach either didn't notice or didn't care about the monkey being on his back for 20 minutes.  He never once even acknowledged its presence.  Oh well, we still got some cute pictures out of it!

 So I've been trying to tap into my inner crafty-ness.  There's not much there but here's what I came up with.  I printed those pictures out and colored them in.  I think it's pretty cute actually.

 So the story behind this is this was originally white.  We decided to spray paint it blue because every home improvement show always talks about how easy it is to change the look of something with just a little bit of spray paint.  Yeah...right.  Tommy sprayed the panels and then realized that primer is needed first because EVERYTHING started flaking off.  So then we had to scrape of the first layer.  Then we had to prime it and we started spraying one side in our garage.  But then everything in our garage had a little bit of spray paint on it even though we were painting halfway out on the driveway away from everything.  This included some of my shoes (I died a little inside), Zach's pool (at least it covers some of the pink??), even up our noses (gross I know), and on the garage floor.  I also was doing the spraying in flip flops which meant my feet were blue for about 5 days after, no matter how much I scrubbed.  Since we didn't want to add to the mess we decided the next layer would be done in the back yard.

Well every time we stepped out to add another layer there was always some kind of grass or bug or leaf that had blown onto the panels and added what some may have called artistic design but I just called it one more thing to worry about.  Then I stepped over a piece of panel and scattered a footstep full of dried grass over a panel piece.  At that point I was done, done, DONE!  So Tommy completed it.  But not before tracking some blue paint into our house unknowingly on his shoes... Now that it's done, I actually love it, but I probably won't try something like that anytime in the near future (which means my dream of ending up on one of those remodeling tv shows may have to be put on hold indefinitely) That hat box will be painted yellow once the house is blue spray paint free (I swear, it would have been easier to clean up after 6 year olds playing with glitter all day)
 And last, here are some cute videos of Zach.  Don't worry, the bath one doesn't show anything!
On this one the best part is around the 40 second mark.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. It's okay, zach. I get super frustrated when my food won't leave my hand, too. Love all the pics. He looks just like you, chelsea. Seriously. Miss you guys

    ReplyDelete