Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sick Baby

So last night we experienced our very first sick baby.  Zach has had colds and a little cough here and there.  But nothing like last night.  last night Tommy was out socializing with some guys from church and I was watching Zach.  He kept waking up every 1/2 hour or so.  Finally around 9:40 I decided I would just hold him instead of putting him back down and wait for Tommy to do it.  (Really I was just tired of missing parts of Dance Moms - yes, I really do watch Dance Moms.  I'd say that's my guilty pleasure but most of my shows could be under that category so t.v is my guilty pleasure).  Any who...so Zach came down and was crying a little which I attributed to him waking up and being tired.  30 seconds later I learned that I was wrong.  He threw up on himself and so I jumped up (luckily it wasn't on me or the couch, just him) and proceeded to clean him off.  Then Tommy walked in the door and he helped out.  I sat down with Zach and had him face me.  He coughed twice and then he projectile vomited on me and my shirt.  I passed him off to Tommy and headed upstairs to shower, all the time praying the smell of vomit wouldn't make me sick as well.

Tommy brought Zach upstairs to be washed off as well and the kid started his little cough again so Tommy opened the toilet up and our child's aim was true and he threw up again in the toilet.  I didn't know he had that much in him still! So we washed up and got a sick bowl for him and we sat on the couch.  Tommy called his parents and Zach puked for the fourth time and so Tommy had to just hang up and help.  Zach started coughing yet again and Tommy held him over his little sick bowl and I saw the sick come out of his mouth and nose.  For those of you not counting, we're up to 5 times of being sick.  We checked his temp. and he was fine.

So I sit down and curl up with Zach and he fell asleep in about 10 seconds.  Right when I decided the worst had past and we could probably lay him down for the night, Zach woke up.  He started to scream and we try to lean him over his sick bowl.  But he kept looking from Tommy to me and crying louder and and the pitch would get higher.  All I could think about was how I just wanted someone to hold me every time I was going to throw up.  So like a true champ I pull him into me and held him which calmed him down enough for him to throw up all over me, again.  So I headed up to the shower again and Tommy helped Zach get to bed for the final time that night.  This morning he woke up happy as can be.  I'm so grateful that it was a really short spell and we didn't have to go to the doctor or anything.  I don't look forward to the next time Zach's sick.

1 comment:

  1. poor baby. poor mommy! But, you are now officially a mother. lol. congrats...?

    ReplyDelete