Thursday, July 5, 2012

June's Already Over??

So I've been a little lazy with posting lately.  But that seems to be my style so oh well.  Well June's already gone and I still thought we were in May.  So much happened in June and I can't believe how fast time is going by.  We're settling in pretty well here in Michigan.  Our ward is really nice and very welcoming.  I got called as secretary to the primary.  Did you know that both my sisters have the same calling? I've honestly been dreading the next time I was going to be put into primary.  I enjoy order and do handle chaos very well.  But the kids are great, it's more my own control issues that are the problem.  

We got to hang out with Tommy's sister Misty and her family.  It was so awesome having family close and to get to know them better.  The kids are a blast and we loved talking with Misty and Colby.  Too bad for us they moved to Utah.  Already we miss having them around.  We were able to have the kids come over to our house and have a sleep over with them.  It was awesome!  Dash came over with a new watch and kept telling us the time every 30 seconds (literally...), we had pizza, went to the park, made cookies, played computer games, and everyone played with Zach. Luckily we had two dvd players because we were able to settle a dvd dispute.  Tommy and Dash watched cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Herbie and Teddie and I watched some Harry Potter, and Donna flitted between the two groups.


Good Bye Dinner with the Wrights

Dash was so tired he pushed two chairs together at the restaurant and fell asleep, that is true talent.
ZACH'S FIRST MEAL AT A RESTAURANT.  OK SO WE BROUGHT HIS FOOD
We celebrated Father's Day with the Wrights and I made a magnificent oreo cake if I do say so myself:
 Tommy's birthday was the 21st.  I have to admit I failed kind of epic-ly (I don't know if that's a word).  I did get Tommy a gift but I didn't wrap it. I didn't even get a card.  We also went to go see the avengers and I arranged for a babysitter but that didn't happen until we got into Chicago.  But that movie was really amazing, if you only see one movie this year, the Avengers is insanely awesome! I just got caught up in trying to head out of town for the weekend.   Hopefully I can make up for it for our anniversary!

We had planned to leave Friday morning for Chicago but ended up leaving Thursday night.  I'm so glad we chose this but as you can see Zach was pretty tired the next day!  He slept but not till half way through the drive.  He never sleeps like this, how cute is that?!
 Friday we went swimming in my family's new pool.  They put rubber snakes around the pool to keep birds away.  Zach loooved sucking on them and loved the pool so much he fell asleep.  My baby is so funny.
On Saturday it was Delainie's birthday party.  But before that my mom wanted to take us to this restaurant that she is always raving about.  She failed to mention that it was the absolutely girliest tea party little shop ever.  It was really cute but they should have warned Tommy.  Poor guy, I think they made him check his man card at the door.  He was literally the only guy in the whole place.  Spencer (my bro-in-law) and my dad drove by us on our way to the restaurant and I guess they were laughing knowing what Tommy was getting tricked into.  My dad refuses to go there! haha Luckily Tommy's a good sport and super sarcastic so it made the whole thing super funny

 Zach didn't seem to mind.  He was in his sport gear.  Maybe it was like armor against tea parties

LAINERS. SHE FIT RIGHT IN!
SUPER GIRLY! FUN FOR ME!
 
EVIDENCE THAT MY HUSBAND TRULY LOVES ME
HERE'S THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!

BIRTHDAY CAKE

ZACH READY FOR A SWIM!
 We got to go to the zoo later that week..  Here are some pictures

ZACH CRIED WHEN HE SAW THIS SIGN

LUNCH TIME!

DELAINIE THOUGHT JUST THE SIGHT OF ME WAS FUNNY - NO JOKES PLEASE

EVENTUALLY FOUND AN ELEPHANT


Yes, that's my son in a pink stroller.  He doesn't look to happy either but it was that or a stroller from the 90's that looked like a rodent had gotten to it at some point.  
COUSINS!
 Here's a funny video.  If you love Arrested Development you'll appreciate it all the more

 So my dad doesn't play games.  He says it's because he's too competitive.  I beg him all the time to play with us.  We were supposed to leave on Saturday night but then my dad and Lisa tried to convince us to stay.  He finally bargained with me that if we stayed another night that he would play games with us.  We also got him to take us shooting.  Here's the evidence!
 
My little man sits by himself!
 Ever since we got back from Chicago, Zach has been growling like a little monster.  It's hilarious!  So here's a video.
Oh and did I mention that today I set him down on his tummy and he just started crawling?!! Woah! Where did that come from?????? 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Crawling! Look out. Things are going to get crazy.

    ReplyDelete