Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

Whoo! Okay so much has been going on at our house.  And by so much I mean Zach and I have been taking lots of pictures.  But I feel it necessary to post about something more important for the moment.  Tommy and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.  It was operation adventure initiative.  My parental units are coming into town this weekend so Tommy and I have a great date planned then but how do you not celebrate on your actually anniversary. 

It all started with the day before our anniversary when we gave each other our gifts.  If you know our family at all you know we're not ones to wait to give gifts at all.  Our gifts were really simple but we loved them.  Tommy got me the movie Emma (he said unless it was a chick flick he felt he would have self interest vested in the gift) and finished this awful mess of a project that had defeated me and I got him...drum roll please...TOYS!  Why? Well Tommy has been hinted to me about getting a remote control something.  Well that would have been a whole lot more than we budgeted for so I got the next best thing: a legos set that builds two types of planes and a boat.
TOMMY GETTING DOWN TO THE BUSINESS OF PLAYING

THE AWFUL PROJECT THAT'S NOT SO AWFUL
 The next day we just planned on having dinner.  But Tommy decided to take a half day at work and it was time for play!  We set out to explore Mt. Pleasant.  I led to initiative which is totally unlike me.  We first went to this super super lame but we knew that going in so it was still fun.  We were literally the only people there.

NO JOKE THIS WAS PART OF THE EXHIBIT

WE FOUND BATMAN'S CAVE!

HANGING OUT IN THE CHILDREN'S SECTION

A DISPLAY ABOUT COLLECTIBLES.  TOMMY AND I FOUND THINGS WE LIKED
Next it was on to a used bookstore...
  
And then we found this really cute malt shop and drug store where we got ourselves a couple of cream sodas


 Next it was on to dinner time!  We had steak, garlic mashed potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, and broccoli.  The broccoli was ruined so we left out the healthiest part of the meal, oh well...

OUR LOVELY DINNER SETTING
MMM...GOOD VIEW
EH..NOT BAD 


Oh yeah, I forgot we had a special little guy with us for our 'romantic' meal.  But how can you complain with a face like that!


 

And since our anniversary also happened to be Zach's seven month birthday we will devote a little bit of blog space to this adorable little guy. He now:
  • army crawls like a pro
  • growls like a monster
  • babbles on and on all day
  • eats solid food like there's no tomorrow.  Favorite foods are pears, squash, and sweet potatoes.  Foods he puts up with are avacado and bananas.  I usually have to mix them with something else to get him to eat them.  But he will enjoy avacado if its the only thing I teach him because I LOVE avacado
  • He gave me my first near death experience when he pulled the rubber stopper off of the spring door stopper and was in the process of trying to pick it up when I got him
  • He is working on pulling himself up into standing position.  He can go from sitting in my lap to standing but not from sitting on his bum to standing.  But he does make a valiant effort and gets caught in a mid pull up with no arm strength left to finish it (he gets that from his mom)
  • He's ticklish
  • He knows how to turn the pages when I read to him
  • He gets the biggest grin on his face when he sees Tommy or I
WE LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!!!



 

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I'm glad you got to do something fun. I'm also glad that you love your kid. It would be super awkward if you didn't. Phew. ;) Omg he's so cute BTW.

    ReplyDelete