Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Allegory of the Cave

So I couldn't understand why this election season has gotten me so riled up.  But I saw this scripture reference on facebook today and I think this sums it all up.  For some reason this makes me feel better and not worse. 

Mosiah 29:25-27
25 Therefore, choose you by the avoice of this people, judges, that ye may be bjudged according to the claws which have been given you by our fathers, which are correct, and which were given them by the hand of the Lord.
 26 Now it is not common that the avoice of the people desireth anything bcontrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the cpeople to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
 27 And aif the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

I'm grateful to my mom who is just has passionate about politics as I am.  She called me today and acted as though nothing was wrong.  If you know my mother at all you know that I would expect her to be the first person predicting the end of the world.  But to hear her be so positive and upbeat about the everything.  To express her faith in knowing that the Lord is close at hand despite what happened.  It was really great.  

On that note I'm off to the library to get an biography on the King of England during WWII.  It's about a man thrust into a situation he would rather have not faced and faced it with integrity and strength of character.  Tommy also noted the irony of this fact since it's about a monarch from the country we chose to separate ourselves from during a time when we have a president exerting huge government influence in the same fashion as the King did during the Revolutionary War. 

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen the king's speech? Probably not because it was rated r, but Dan's mom sent us the clean flix version of it and it is AMAZING. What that man did to make himself a great leader is astounding. I'll be interested to hear what you think about his autobiography.

    ReplyDelete