Monday, March 18, 2013

Michigan

So I've kind of lost my interest in this blog.  I apologize to all my adoring fans out there.  There just isn't too much going on and my family still doesn't get that we have a blog which was the main purpose of me making this blog.  When I go to see family I don't take pictures because it's exhausting having to take care of one child in a different time zone and don't feel like documenting much of it.  Our camera is poor quality and it's a nuisance to have to plug my phone in to the computer and upload photos. 

I thought that I could handle this Michigan weather and up until March I did pretty well.  But I'm ready for warmer weather.  I want to take Zach out so he can run around.  I want to take him to the swings.  I want to get out of this house and have a place to go besides the store where I end up spending money I shouldn't.  I ended up taking on a photo project for my dad because I knew I'd be spending money that wasn't mine.  I want to go run outside (okay now you know I've hit rock bottom, if I'm saying that).  I want to look out my window on March 18th and see sunshine hitting the grass and not a blizzard.  I want to look at the weather forecast on St. Patrick's Day and see temperatures in the 40's and 50s instead of the 20's and 3 straight days of snow.  Basically, I'm losing it being cooped up inside. 

I want to read a good book but all I have right now are political and historical books.  As much as I love that stuff, the political arena of today has depressed me so much lately that I can't stomach those books right now.  I want a good fantasy book where I can escape this crazy mess we're in that no one seems to think exists.  I haven't found a really good book like that since the Mistborn series (thank you Britany!)  The Percy Jackson were pretty good, but I blew through that in a week so it didn't have the lasting impact I think.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Politics was interesting for a while but now it either makes me so angry or so depressed I've banned the news mostly from my life for a bit.  I look forward to seeing the Republican party change in the next decade.  I predict it will die because many of the old timers don't want to accept the change in the way politics are done and that they are quickly becoming obsolete.  However it's rather depressing to see a party that helped usher in one of the greatest presidents of our country is slowly fading into the pages of history. 

Also I feel like all of these t.v. shows that I absolutely loved are all being ruined, and it's mostly NBC's fault.  The office is a car wreck you DON'T want to watch happen.  It's like they brought in the people from the most disfunctional non funny show ever (2 1/2 men?) and let them write the ending.  Seriously, no character is who they are, Andy's a prick, Angela's an angel, Pam doesn't support Jim, Dwight has a somewhat normal brother and sister that never existed until last week (cause based on Dwight's stories about his upbringing that makes sense) Kevin's insightful, and Jim's a selfish jerk.  Up all Night - they took a shotgun to that show and tried to revamp the entire show until nothing was left except smoldering ashes.  Community - a truly brilliant show that they handed over to the interns to write.  Project Runway has the most self absorbed people with sub par talent.  And Dance Moms (I know, how can I even stand to watch it? Um because I lived in that world for four years of band and four years of cheerleading.  Believe it or not, I've actually had parents try and run a rehearsal with the coach standing right there!) I've found myself rooting for Abby and booing Christy!

I apologize for such a depressing blog, I blame the weather.  I also blame the newness of the area still.  I know I felt this way at this time in Manhattan too.  I know we just have to keep pushing through and we'll find we belong here. I know it's always darkest before the dawn.  I'm so grateful for a husband who keeps me positive and laughing through it all.  I'm so grateful for Zach.  I think I would have gone crazy long ago without my little buddy to hang out with while Tommy's busy with school and his calling.  I'm grateful for the gospel because it brings peace in these wintery times. 

1 comment:

  1. I think when you don't see sunlight for an extended period of time, you tend to get depressed and cranky. That's why people in Alaska have fake sunlight machines that they sit in front of. lol.

    If you want another good book, try anything else by Brandon Sanderson. Elantris is awesome, Warbreaker, Way of Kings. All amazing.

    ReplyDelete