Saturday, September 1, 2012

My apologies...

So I know it's been a while, but not much has been going on.  And when it has, I have been lazy and not taken any pictures.  We took another trip down to Chicago and all the grandkiddos got to be together.  Of course I forgot my camera. So for some really adorable photos/videos of that trip I will direct you here.  There are some pretty adorable pictures I must say.  Brady is sooo cute, I haven't seen him since he was a newborn so it was fun to get to know him and see his personality.  He loves these little videos that are kind of cute.  Here's my favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbKjDjMDok

Shellie also introduced me to a really cute song that takes you on a bear hunt.  It's an action song but the babies were mesmerized every time she did it.  So if you're having problems entertaining your child here's a great song: The Bear Hunt 

Delainie was super close to walking and I got her to take her first few steps by bribing her with my phone.  But she caught on real quick when we kept trying to bribe her and quit.  She did start walking this week though so YAY!

I realize I missed Zach's 8 month birthday post.  (Mother of the year right here) But Tommy's parents were coming in to town and we had a lot going on.  We had a blast with Tommy's parents.  They came to visit before they head off to their mission in San Fransisco/Oakland, CA (luckies)  Again, I didn't use the camera. 


Here are the updates on Zach:
  •   We got Zach a walker and he LOVES it.  There's a video below but it's not his best attempt but still, I've got the evidence for those non believers out there.
  • He loves trying out new sounds.  He has said ba and da and I think he's saying "maaaaaaa" when he's upset and pulling on my pant leg
  • He loves hanging out in the kitchen with me.  
  • He likes micro machine cars already.   The other day he played with them on the kitchen floor for about 10 minutes (that's like an hour in baby attention time).  It was really cute seeing him push them around on the floor
  • Zach gets really excited when he is being carried up the stairs by one parent and being chased by the other
  • He loves being laid on his back at the end of bath time because that's when he gets to splash and kick as hard as he can.  (Make sure and avoid the splash zone.  I think Zach imagines he is shamoo sometimes...)
  • Zach loves eating and snacks.  I swear I am feeding him more now than when he was a newborn (can't wait for when he's a teenager?)
  • Zach has now successfully fallen of the bed twice.  Each time he was being supervised by a different parent. Both parents have now learned their lesson (no babies on the bed)
  • Zach LOVES cruising around and crawling and getting into stuff.  I love watching him explore his world.  Sometimes I don't get much done because he's just that entertaining chewing on that spatula or opening and shutting a door 10,000 times.  (Clearly, I have a low standards for entertainment)


My phone had stopped texting which was super fun for me.  I think that's part of the reason I haven't posted much as well.  No texting equals avoiding the phone because it's a bummer to see no texts from anyone so that means no picture taking. Also, Zach doesn't sit very well for photos anymore so that equals not using the camera as much because I get to frustrated because my baby doesn't understand the importance of capturing his cuteness on camera so that I can bore his future wife 20 + years down the road and be THAT mom.  So Sorry folks.  But I  did get a new phone yesterday so the picture begin again!  and I do have some awesome videos.

First video: I got the hiccups the other night and Zach that they were pretty entertaining
Second video: Zach walking.  He looks like he's got a bum leg which is only accentuated by his pjs which are a little long in the leg
Third video: Where Zach spends 80% of his time it seems



3 comments:

  1. That laugh is so very cute!!
    Says
    Callisto
    Olivia
    Audrey
    Sidney
    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I want to meet him! It sounds like you guys are doing well and liking Michigan. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete