Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Graduation and a new place to live

This is just a picture post mostly.  The first round of pictures is from graduation.  After that, there are pictures of our little town home.  We don't have sd cards for our new phones so we can't take pictures and send them to family who have been begging for a picture or two. So it's back to old fashioned take a picture with a camera and send it out on email and post on a blog.  





 I apologize for the huge mess but come on, we just moved in :)

So here is the front door, entry way, stairs:

 The stairs going up:


 Hallway in the upstairs:





Zach's room.  We've already re-arranged this room to look like a room and not a storage room

The catch all office room:

 Part of our bathroom.  It's so big in comparison but NO space to set stuff on sink.  Why don't people think that's important? I've been watching way too much HGTV lately and no one thinks counter space is important.  Also, if you look in the mirror, you can see a wall paper border.  It could be worse or it could also be gone!


 Our Bedroom.  We were in the middle of rearranging stuff when I took this:

 the other part of our bedroom.  I'm happy that our furniture matches at least.

Now we move back downstairs  to the bathroom and laundry room:

 Here's the Living Room.  It's mostly set up

 Dining room/piano room.  I HAVE A PIANO!:

 Our kitchen.  Notice how many small cabinets there truly are? 6. And they're high up so guess who got a step ladder?

  Notice how there is only ONE drawer.  Where may I ask am I supposed to put the silverware?  Also, we hate lazy susans but we are now lucky enough to have TWO.  And also, more wallpaper.  But I'm sooo happy we have LIGHT wood and the kitchen was CLEAN when we moved in. 

Here's counter space and the view of the living area from the kitchen:

And the living room.  I know I know, why is the tv in front of a door? Well if you can come up with a better set up so there is a couch and a tv in this space that isn't blocking that door I would LOVE to get some ideas
So there you have it.  I 85% love our place.  It grows on me more each day.  Obviously there are things I wish were different but unless I were to hand pick every detail in a house that we custom built I doubt I'd be satisfied with everything.  In fact, even then I think I'd still find something I'd change.  At the end of the day, we have a dishwasher, washer/dryer, 3 bedrooms, and an ATTACHED GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! for very inexpensive.  I doubt we could find anything better.  I also am sorry there are no pictures of Zach but I found my camera after he went to sleep.   I'll post more later.  It's late and it's time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. nice! I hope all the unpacking and stuff is going okay. I know how stressful that is to do with a babe. I think the closet door is a conversation piece. You should go all the way with it and hang a picture or something on it. Own that closet.

    ReplyDelete