Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Living a Life of Count Downs

This blog probably won't have any pictures, I'm sure you're all tired of them anyways.  So I woke up last night and after a nightly jaunt to the bathroom, I laid down and had a revelation, I am almost done! Ah! I have been pretty good at keeping myself busy and not thinking about this baby coming.  In fact, I have this rule that I can't day dream until Dec 1, but that day is quickly approaching.  All of which hit me last night so of course I was up late realizing that yes, Zachary will be here much sooner than later.  My latest tactic to not get to antsy about waiting for this baby is I have started counting down to other things. 
Here's the list:

2 Days til Thanksgiving
9 days til my mom and dad come
2 weeks and 2 days until 38 weeks when Zach is considered healthy enough to enter this world with no complications (please...)
3 weeks left of work  (after tomorrow) and this semester
4 weeks and 2 days til the actually due date (not that that really matters)
31 days til family comes into town
33 days til Christmas!
5 weeks and 2 days before I tell the doctor, "Get this baby out of me"

So I obviously have a lot more things to look forward to than just a baby coming and it keeps me sane.  Other ways I have chosen to keep myself sane is we decorated for Christmas this last Saturday!  It was a blast.  Normally I am a grinch and refuse to see anything Christmas until the Friday after Thanksgiving (let's at least try not to steam roll right over honoring this holiday).  But this year is different and it distracts me from what I really want to have come.  Also, we were able to use all of our Halloween decorations as Thanksgiving decorations (take your fake jack o lantern and turn him around so it just looks like a pumpkin - yep, I'm that cheap/lazy) so I was pretty tired of them. 

If I could wish away just one of the million discomforts of being pregnant it would be heart burn.  I hate tums.  I hate having to eat them all day.  In fact, there are times where I choose the discomfort of heartburn to avoid the tums.  Before you suggest pepcid, I'm already taking it.  But I can only take 2 in a 24 hour period (so says the box which might be different for pregnant women) and I usually save one for bedtime so I feel like that's the only time I can take them.  And sometimes, even when I take both together, it still doesn't make it go away.  Whereas with most other discomforts you can find a way to relieve it at least for a time being.  Also, it has forced me to sleep sitting up which you can't do in a bed very comfortable so it has banished me to the couch.  Lucky for me my husband loves me oh so much and comes to the couch too, otherwise I would have lost it a month ago. 

Also, nesting hasn't really kicked in for me like I thought it would.  Oh sure there was that weekend in October where we scoured the kitchen of anything dirty and painted the walls, but that was it.  It literally lasted less than 24 hours.  I always look around at stuff and think, "It would be nice, but I'm too tired/lazy"  However, we know I still have 4 weeks and 2 days left and a lot can change in a month!  Well that's it for now.  Nothing too excited just me being bored at home while my lovely husband performs service by moving a family and I am about as helpful as jellyfish in that area.






No comments:

Post a Comment