Sunday, September 11, 2011

More Pregnant Stuff


Ok so first off, here's the highly anticipated baby bump picture.  I know, weird right?  People who haven't seen me in a while see me and say, "Woah! You're pregnant!" As in wow! you've gotten huge!  I'm really okay with it though.  At least people can visually see my justification behind my lack of personal grooming (don't worry, I still shower most every day, I just end up throwing my hair in a pony tail and throwing some blush on to cover up my paleness) and inability to care whether my clothes match or look right, my new style has become: as long as it still fits I'm wearing it.  
But anyways, on to more important things. My little baby sister is pregnant!  She's about 11 weeks behind me which is fun because then she knows what she has to look forward to in the coming months with much explicit detail.  So this blog goes out to her because I'm sure we've all been there where we feel like being pregnant can't get any worse, which by the way, the joke's on you because it can and always tries to do so.

So here is a list of reasons why being pregnant is awesome:
  • I feel like a manatee some days and yet everyone else thinks you look absolutely adorable
  • If you act irrational for whatever reason, you can always blame it on the hormones
  • You get new clothes almost monthly
  • I can stop feeling guilty about not running because I don't have to
  • Walking is now considered effective exercise
  • Random strangers go out of their way to talk to me 
  • Although he says he never minds, I don't have to feel guilty about asking Tommy to massage my back, feet, etc whenever they hurt
  • I get to stay up late watching movies because I can't sleep, but seeing as the library only has so wide of a selection, most of the films are crummy but I love them anyways
  • People have a reason to talk to me now
  • And finally, You have the ultimate excuse that no one can argue with.  The proverbial get out of jail free card
One last little note, our poor first child, Wetherby Fredrick Wilhem May the 3rd (our orchid) which has continuously held strong and stayed alive since Februaryish has decided he no longer has the will to live.  He's lost all of his flowers and one inch of one stem is completely dead but it's been like that for about 2 weeks so death has stopped spreading.   But the weird thing is, he has a new leaf growing.  So maybe he's hibernating.  Anyone know anything about orchids?  I just loved the plant because it required my love only once a week and it cost me 2-3 ice cubes.  Oh well, he was probably doomed to die once our real child came.

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh out loud. Man, I so do not miss being pregnant at all. I'm sorry I'm not there to see you go through this! Ironically, I slept better AFTER Evie was born. haha. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete